UPDATES and REMINDERS: MADERAadmin
UPDATES and REMINDERS: MADERA
Friday, March 23rd – Gates 2pm, Crew Chief Meeting 3:15pm, Pre -Tech Inspection 3:30pm – 8:00pm, Practice 5:10pm – 5:55pm, 6:35pm – 7:20pm & 8:00pm
Saturday, March 24th– Track Gates 9am, Chapel 11:15am, Driver/Crew Chief/Spotter Meeting 11:30am, Practice 12:30pm (40 minutes). Complete schedule attached.
MADERA BACKGATE FEES:
Friday Pit Pass: $40/ea. – No charge per car for Friday practice.
Saturday Pit Pass: $40 for SRL Members & $55 for non-Members.
Note: The track sets the pricing.
FRIDAY TECH: All cars are required to roll through the scales on Friday between 3:30pm and 8:00pm.
ENGINE TECH: If your engine or carb needs to be inspected and sealed, please respond to this email, or contact Ricky Brooks upon arriving at the track on Friday.
FUEL CELL BLADDER : The manufactures date on all fuel cell bladders must be within 7 years of current date. The series must have record of your fuel cell being up to date and sealed by May 5th at The Bullring.
IMPORTANT – Please have two bolts drilled to accommodate a wire seal on your fuel cell “Fill Plate”, so an SRL Official can install an “SRL Wire Seal”.
TIRES: 3035’s left side, 3045’s right side. Pre-order from Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612.
FUEL: SUNOCO 110 is the Spec Fuel of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series; it is each teams responsibility to have their own supply. Madera Speedway does carry SUNOCO 110.
PARKING: The Top 15 in the 2017 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series championship, and their teammates will park in order in the first spots. Order which the teams enter on Friday, is based on first in line, first to enter.
SOUND LIMITS: The DB rule of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series is maximum 95dba at 100 feet at all tracks, unless the track requirements are under 95dba. Please do your work in the shop.
SRL LICENSE: Please bring your 2018 SRL License forms to the SRL Trailer on Friday to take advantage of Member Pricing for Saturday. Driver and Owners are required to have a 2018 SRL License.
FROM THE 2018 SRL RULEBOOK: DECALS
- Driver’s name to be in minimum two-inch letters above driver’s side door.
- The driver’s last name is to be displayed on both sides along or just above the rocker panel below the car number in minimum 5” readable letters.
- All the SRL contingency sponsors’ decals must be placed on all cars to be eligible for any and all event prize money, points and/or awards. The location of these decals will be designated by the SRL. The contingency pack will be supplied by the SRL.
Technical Inspection Process & Guidelines
- Engines and carburetors must be inspected and sealed before competition.
- The engine must be cold. Engine inspection will take place prior to the first practice.
- If your engine requires an inspection, please contact the series prior to the next race.
Pre-Tech – Maximum four crew members plus the driver allowed in tech area
- Refers to any scheduled tech inspection prior to Qualifying Tech.
- Teams must identify their crew chief for the purposes of discussion of any tech issues.
- All cars must go through Pre‐Tech inspection before the designated cut off time at each event.
Qualifying Tech – Maximum four crew members plus the driver allowed in tech area
- Once Qualifying Tech officially opens, all cars are required to be on the ground ready to roll to tech line. Remain in your pit, until an official directs you into tech line.
- Each team must have an air filter at the tech trailer 40 minutes before Qualifying Tech opens.
- All cars must go through Qualifying Tech in posted Qualifying order. If you miss your qualifying attempt by more than three positions, you will receive the slower of two laps. If you have a mechanical issue, notify an official.
- Once cars enter the tech station, cars may not be lifted, tugged, or adjusted in any manner unless instructed to do so by an SRL official.
- Remove the hood and air cleaner to enter tech, then replace before going onto scales. No jacks will be allowed after air cleaner is installed, or as directed.
- Cars should not exceed 30lbs of air in right side and 20lbs in left side tires for tech inspection.
- More than two attempts to pass through Qualifying Tech will result in “Tech Line Probation”.
- Air pressure and tape are the only change that can be made to the car after Qualifying Tech.
Tech Line Probation
- Any team that has to make more than two attempts to pass through Qualifying Tech inspection will be put on “Tech Line Probation”, and will immediately be penalized by receiving the slower of two qualifying laps. You are required to take two green flag laps if you are under penalty or you will receive no time.
- More than three attempts to pass through pre-qualifying – no qualifying attempt will be allowed.
- Once on “Tech Line Probation” a team must pass through tech inspection in one attempt at future events, or be penalized by receiving the slower of two qualifying laps.
- The team will remain on “Tech Line Probation” until further notice.
- A team may also be put on “Tech Line Probation” if their car exceeds the maximum sound limit on more than one occasion.
- Repeat infractions of any tech specification or policy may also result in “Tech Line Probation”.
- After qualifying all cars will go to a designated impound area and remain untouched (tape and tire readings allowed) until 15 minutes prior to going to the grid or as directed. If a team qualifies in the top 5, they must report to their car immediately for post qualifying tech.
- Team members should stay in close proximity to their car to push it into starting position, if directed.
- If a car has a mechanical issue, not related to set up or handling, the team may be granted permission to pull out of impound to work only on the mechanical issue described, and start at the rear of the field.
- If anything safety related happens during qualifying officials reserve the right to let teams fix that item.
- Driver must exit the car with whatever they need from the car (radios, water bottle, etc) and leave impound area and no crew members are allowed in impound until 15 minutes prior to going to the grid or as directed.
- The only changes allowed are air pressure, tape on the nose and driver aids, which will be done 15 minutes prior going to grid. No jacking of the car will be permitted.
- If a team desires to make handling adjustments after qualifying, prior to the green flag, they may do so by having the driver bring the car to pit road after the field is rolling behind the pace car. The car will forfeit its starting position and take up the tail end of the field.
- The Top 5 cars must stop on the front‐stretch – unless otherwise directed. Cars will be held there until further direction from officials. Each of the Top 5 cars are to proceed directly to post race tech inspection as directed. Driver must stay with car at all times; the driver must drive the car to the scales and remain with the car until cleared by officials to leave.
- Failure to go directly to tech area will result in a penalty of 5 positions at posted finish and a $250.00 fine.
- Under no circumstances is there anything to be done to the top five cars prior to post race tech inspection. Tire readings while car is on the ground are allowed, never jack the car up, and remove the hood or anything else, unless directed by an SRL official.
- Teams must take any and all measures to comply with officials’ requests. Failure to do so will be deemed as an admission of guilt and result in a technical disqualification.
APPROVED FLAT TIRE CHANGES:
Unapproved tire change is a two (2) lap penalty – For a tire to be changed during a race without penalty, the tire must first be inspected by an SRL Official and must be deemed as flat (10 lbs. or less Left Side / 18 lbs. or less Right Side), or has severe wheel damage.
Steps for an Approved Tire Change:
- The team should notify the SRL Officials of a tire issue prior to entering Pit Lane and must stop at the inspection station on Pit Lane, or as directed.
- SRL OFFICIAL PRIOR APPROVAL: No crewmember is allowed to touch or inspect a tire before the SRL Official. If a tire is low on pressure, or has severe wheel damage, it must be first inspected by an SRL Official to be changed without PENALTY. Once inspected, if the tire is low on pressure and considered flat, or suffers from excessive wheel damage the tire may be changed by the team with no penalty. Again, stay clear of the tire until an SRL Official inspects it.
- PENALTY: If a crewmember inspects or touches the tire or wheel before the SRL Official inspects it, or observes directly, it will not be an approved tire change, or if the tire has sufficient air pressure when inspected by the SRL Officials the tire is not approved to change and the team will suffer a (2) two-lap penalty for each unapproved tire change. Tires changed prior to inspection by an SRL Official will be cause for a (2) two-lap penalty per tire.
- Once under PENALTY for an unapproved tire change, you will not be eligible for the “Free Pass” / “Lucky Dog” for the remainder of the race.
- Excessive tire wear, blistering or other factors will not affect the determination of an approved tire change.
- Any tire that is changed must be immediately presented to an SRL official, in which it will be impounded until after post race tech inspection.
NOTE: If the car is on the rim, or is excessively dragging the track. The team may request to pit early while yellows are still counting, without losing laps. IMPORTANT – the team must communicate this request with an SRL Official, and then be given approval to pit early to change the tire.
Race Procedures: 2018 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Tour Series
Thank you for racing with the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series …Where the Champions Race.