Pro Late Model Helpful Information: “All-Star Showdown”admin
Pro Late Model Helpful Information: “All-Star Showdown”
NOTE – THURSDAY OPTIONAL PRACTICE: Mandatory meeting at 1pm under the grandstand. Due to the Drag Strip operating on Thursday, SRL cars will enter and exit the oval at Turn 1.
- TIRE POLICY – Hoosier 970 – Each SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series team will be limited to a maximum two sets of (new) sticker tires for the weekend (Thursday – Saturday).
Teams are not allowed to enter the racetrack from Thursday on with any new tires in their possession. Any scuffs may be inspected and may be removed by officials.
All tires used for competition must be purchased and may be pre-ordered through Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612. Teams need to confirm with SRL Officials when they will be allowed to remove their race tires from the Hoosier compound. Your wheels must be marked with your car number and a L or R decal.
- PARKING – If your team has any special parking requests, please let Ricky Brooks know as soon as possible, firstname.lastname@example.org, but no later than Monday the 16th. If you need to unhook from your trailer during the race weekend, please let us know. Every team will have a pre-assigned parking spot for the weekend. Teams on site on Thursday will be parked in their proper spot.
- FUEL – SUNOCO 110 and SUNOCO E85 (E85 may not be available at the track – please call ahead) are the spec fuels for the SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series. Reserve your fuel for race weekend at email@example.com or 626-358-1100. It is each team’s responsibility to have your own fuel supply for the event. Fuel tests will take place during the race weekend – it is your responsibility to ensure your fuel is pure to series standards. Contact the track if you plan to buy fuel during the race weekend so they can insure proper inventory.
- TRACK EXIT – Important: Never exit the ½ oval to the pits under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. During practice, 7-8 cars will enter the track, get 7-8 green flag laps, then the track will go yellow, and those cars can exit to the pits. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race, the Hot Pit Lane will be located in the infield.
- PRE-TECH – All cars will undergo inspection by assigned appointments on Friday, maximum four crew members plus the driver with the car in tech inspection. Please stay back away from the car during inspection to allow officials room to conduct inspection. Inspection order will be based on top 5 in 2022 SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series points, then based on order of entries received. This is a convenience for the teams, be on time, or the system doesn’t work, and a penalty may be issued.
- SPOTTERS – Spotters must be utilized at all times your car is on track. The spotter must monitor race control with a scanner or stand-alone radio at 0125. Spotter’s location will be on top of the Irwindale press box tower for the main events.
- MUFFLERS – Exhaust noise is a maximum 99DBA at 100 feet. Sound levels will be checked – Irwindale Speedway is under strict LA County mandates.
- QUALIFTING TECH – ON THE GROUND: Once pre-qualifying tech opens on Saturday, all cars are to be on the ground ready to roll to tech at 11:20am sharp – hood on, no wiping down, cars on the ground – ready to roll. The penalty will be the slowest of your two qualifying laps if your car is not on the ground at 11:20am on Saturday. You have been warned – it’s in your hands, the rules and policies of this series are for everyone to follow.
- IMPOUND: Cars will be impounded after qualifying.
- DUPLICATE CAR NUMBERS – Cars running the same number is allowed, but each car will be required to display a minimum four-inch first letter of the drivers last name low and behind the car number on each side. This will be required before you pass tech inspection.
- REQUIRED DECALS – To be eligible for any and all cash awards at the event, all contingency decals are required to be in place in proper locations, the Sigma Performance Services/Spears Manufacturing windshield decal must also be in place. Decals will not be available until race weekend.
- IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY TRACK POLICIES:
- You are not allowed to exit the track under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race, the Hot Pit will be located in the infield.
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the infield pit area.
- No minimum age limit in the infield pit area. An adult must accompany minors at all times.
- No BBQ’s or open flame allowed in Pit Area.
- NO GOLF CARTS, SCOOTER, QUADS – No golf carts, quads, bicycles or any type of motorized scooter, etc allowed on the raceway grounds. THE INJURED OR HANDICAPPED MAY BE ALLOWED SINGLE PERSON SCOOTERS – MUST GET APPROVAL FROM RICKY BROOKS.
- PRIVATE TESTING – The track is available for Private Test Days reserve your time at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-358-1100.
- NATIONALLY TELEVISED – The race will be livestreamed on SPEARSRacing.TV, live, and will be nationally televised at a later date on MAVTV. Team uniforms are not mandatory, but let’s do our best to represent our team and series in a professional manner.
- NOTE – THURSDAY OPTIONAL PRACTICE: Mandatory meeting at 1pm under the grandstand. Due to the Drag Strip operating on Thursday, SRL cars will enter and exit the oval at Turn 1.
“Thank you for competing with the SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series