2013 SRL S2 Tour Series Championship Point Fund Announcedadmin
- CHAMPIONSHIP POINT FUND – With support from Hoosier Tire West, Five Star Racecar Bodies and 51 FIFTY Energy Drink, the SRL announced today that there will be a minimum $4500 championship point fund distributed to the top five drivers of 2013, with $1,250 going to the SRL S2 Tour Series Champion, presented at the annual SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Awards Banquet.
- CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD’S BANQUET – The Top 10 drivers in the SRL S2 Tour Series will be recognized during the annual SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Awards Banquet.
- CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE – The 2013 SRL S2 Tour Series Schedule consists of 13 races over the course of 10 race dates. Host tracks include; Madera Speedway (March 16th, June 29th and August 3rd), Irwindale Event Center (April 27th and July 20th), The Bullring at LVMS (May 11th and November 16th), Kern County Raceway Park (September 7th), as well as two dates to be announced at a later date in October and November.
- CURRENT POINT STANDINGS – Ryan Cansdale (865), Trevor Huddleston (820), Kenny Smith (781), Daryl Scroggins (760), Bill Waters (745), Cody Ware (720), Chad Schug (727), Anthony Giannone (480), Ulises Perez (444), Cory Elliott (439), Chris Morrison (426), Ricky Schlick (335) and Dave Lowenstein (142).
- THE CAR – Introduced in 2009, the S2 car was created to allow a young driver moving up to have an opportunity to gain experience in a full-size car, at the same time allowing more experienced drivers the opportunity to compete in a more affordable race car. The concept behind the S2 car is to use the most economical parts and establish rules that keep the cost down. The idea is to offer a full size racecar with a lot of the same ideas that has made Legend cars successful nation wide.
For more information go to: www.srlsouthwesttour.com.