2014 SRL S2 TOUR SERIES SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEDadmin
BAKERSFIELD, CA – After its impressive inaugural season, the “SRL S2 Tour Series” schedule of events is set for 2014.
“The inaugural season of the SRL S2 Tour Series exceeded our expectations in many ways, which built a great foundation for the 2014 season,” stated the SRL’s Brian Olsen. “The S2’s success is based on the low cost to operate a full size stock car, and the high level of competition due to the spec configuration of the car.”
For 2014, the SRL S2 Tour Series will visit four different raceways, with the season opener at Madera Speedway on March 15th. The series will then venture to Kern County Raceway Park on April 5th for the first of four stops the S2 series will make at the Bakersfield track in 2014. On April 19th, the series will compete at Irwindale Speedway the first of four events. The SRL S2 Tour Series will compete twice at the Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including the championship finale on November 22nd.
The twelve-race schedule for 2014 will have the SRL S2 Tour Series competing on seven occasions with the SRL’s flagship SPEARS Southwest Tour Series.
“The S2 Tour Series fits well with our overall objective to grow the SPEARS Southwest Tour. Young drivers have a place to hone their skills in full-size stock cars, and compete on a variety of tracks. At the same time, the S2’s are a great place for drivers of all ages to compete in a cost effective and competitive format.” Olsen concluded.
Racecar Factory in Irwindale, California is the exclusive manufacturer and supplier of the S2 cars. For more information regarding the SRL S2 Tour Series, go to www.srlsouthwesttour.com.
2014 Schedule of Events
- March 15th – Madera Speedway*
- April 5th – Kern County Raceway Park*
- April 19th – Irwindale Speedway
- May 3rd – The Bullring at LVMS*
- May 17th – Kern County Raceway Park
- June 14th – Kern County Raceway Park
- June 28th – Madera Speedway*
- August 2nd – Irwindale Speedway
- August 16th – Irwindale Speedway *
- October 18th – Irwindale Speedway
- November 1st – Kern County Raceway Park*
- November 22nd – The Bullring at LVMS*
* with SPEARS Southwest Tour Series