2021 All-Star Showdown: More Remindersadmin
2021 All-Star Showdown: More Reminders
- PARKING – If your team has any special parking requests, please let us know as soon as possible, but no later than this Thursday the 28th. If you need to unhook from your trailer during the race weekend, please respond to this email.
- FUEL – SUNOCO 110 is the spec fuel for the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series and Spears Manufacturing Modified Series. SUNOCO 110 and SUNOCO E85 are the two spec fuels for the SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series. Reserve your fuel for race weekend at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-358-1100. It is each team’s responsibility to have your own fuel supply for the event. Fuel tests will take place during the race weekend – it is your responsibility to ensure your fuel is pure to series standards.
Call the track if you plan to buy fuel during the race weekend so they can insure proper inventory.
- TIRES – All tires used for competition must be purchased through Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612. Teams need to confirm with SRL Officials when they will be allowed to remove their race tires from the Hoosier compound. Your wheels must be marked with your car number and a L or R decal.
- The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series 200 is an (8) tire race – Tour Cars will qualify on stickers, but you can scuff your half- way break change set on Saturday.
- The SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series 150 is a (4) tire race – Pro Late Models may qualify on approved scuffs.
- The Spears Manufacturing Modified Series 100 is a (4) tire race – Modifieds may qualify on approved scuffs.
All cars impounded after qualifying.
- MUFFLERS – A muffler must be used and installed in a configuration that will suppress exhaust noise to a maximum DBA set by the race entry.
- HALF-MILE – Important: Never exit the ½ oval under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race, the Hot Pit Lane will be located in the infield for the ½ mile.
- GOLF CARTS/SCOOTERS – No golf carts, quads, bicycles or any type of motorized scooter, allowed on the raceway grounds – includes pits, parking lots and RV areas. The injured or handicapped may be allowed single person scooters – must get approval prior to the event from Ricky Brooks.
- SPOTTERS – Spotters must be utilized at all times your car is on track. The spotter must monitor race control with a scanner or stand-alone radio at 0125. Spotter’s location will be on top of the Irwindale press box tower for the main events.
- PRE-TECH ORDER & ASSIGNED TIMES – All cars in all divisions will undergo inspection by assigned appointments on Friday, the Top Five teams from 2020 will be first, then the order will be based on order of entries received. This is a convenience for the teams, be on time, or the system doesn’t work and a penalty may be issued.
- PRE-TECH ISSUES – Tech issues discovered in Pre-Tech that are not fixed to satisfaction by the set designated time on Saturday, or if a car makes more than two attempts to pass pre-qualifying tech, it will result in the slower of two qualifying laps.
- QUALIFYING TECH – When Pre-qualifying tech opens for your division on race day; all cars are required to be ‘on the ground’ ready to roll to tech at that specific time.
- Spears Manufacturing Modified Series at 11:45am sharp
- SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series at 12:30pm sharp
- SPEARS Southwest Tour Series at 1:30pm sharp
An official will direct your team into qualifying tech line in order. All Cars (All divisions) will be impounded after qualifying.
- RULEBOOK and PROCEDURES – The 2021 SRL Rules and Procedures will govern the event.
- HOST HOTEL
Courtyard by Marriott – 4 mi to Speedway
14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Group Code: SPEARS SW Tour Series
Group Rate: $110.00
Cutoff Date: January 28, 2021 – THIS THURSDAY
Thank you for choosing to be part of
the All-Star Showdown