GETTING TO KNOW THE 2014 SPEARS SOUTHWEST TOUR CHAMPION: Derek Thornadmin
TEN QUESTIONS WITH DEREK THORN:
- At what age did you start racing? And what type of racing?
At 6 started racing BMX bikes. At 8 started in 5hp winged dirt go-carts.
- Who has been your biggest influence in your racing career?
Mom and Dad
- Of all the advice you have ever been giving over the years in racing, what piece of advice stands out the most to you?
You get out of it what you put into it.
- If you were to give advice to a young driver, what would it be?
Enjoy every chance you get to race, try and learn something every time you get behind the wheel.
- What do you do Monday through Friday?
- Favorite TV Show – Movie – Sports Team – Race Driver?
Modern Family, The Other Guys, GB Packers, Brent Kaeding
- Best moment of the 2014 race season?
Besides marrying my beautiful wife Erika. Track Record and Win at Pikes Peak International Raceway.
- Away from racing, what do you enjoy doing?
Improving on the cars we run, enjoying marital bliss, occasional games of disc golf or tennis.
- Finish the sentence – In five years, I hope to…
Own my own home, have some kids, and be racing with the same great group of guys at Campbell Motorsports.
- Plans for the 2015 race season?
Doing my best to win races with Campbell Motorsports.