Latest Updates & Information: SPEARS Southwest Tour Series SLMadmin
Latest Updates & Information: SPEARS Southwest Tour Series
- TIRE POLICY – Hoosier 3035 (L) / F50 (R) – Each SPEARS Southwest Tour Series team will be limited to a maximum four sets of (new) sticker tires for the weekend (Thursday – Saturday).
Before qualifying, two sets must be designated as your two race sets.
Teams are not allowed to enter the racetrack from Thursday on with any new tires in their possession. Any scuffs may be inspected and removed by officials.
All tires used for competition must be purchased through Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612. Teams need to confirm with SRL Officials when they will be allowed to remove their race tires from the Hoosier compound. Your wheels must be marked with your car number and a L or R decal.
The All-Star Showdown is 200 laps and an (8) tire race.
Important Note: The F50 has a softer construction than the 3045 with more flex, so be mindful of any possible rubbing issues that may occur.
- ALL-STAR SHOWDOWN PIT PASS PRICING:
Fees for Thursday Open Practice will be as follows:
- SRL Tour SLM: $400 per car
- SRL Modified & Pro Late Model: $200 per car
- Thursday Pit Pass: $30 per person
- Optional Full Weekend (3 Day) Pit Pass: $100
- We advised to arrive by 4pm due to that evening’s Drag Race congestion.
- Two Day Pass (Friday and Saturday): $80 per person
- Friday Only Pit Pass: $55 per person
Saturday Race Day:
- Saturday Only Pit Pass: $60 per person
- FUEL – SUNOCO 110 is the spec fuel for the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series. It’s the team’s responsibility to have their own supply of SUNOCO 110. Fuel will be sold by the track, but sufficient inventory is not guaranteed.
- PARKING – Every team will have a pre-assigned parking spot for the weekend. If you need to unhook from your trailer during the race weekend, please let us know – you will need a parking sticker to re-enter. There will not be room for personal vehicles in the pit area.
- HALF-MILE – Important: Never exit the ½ oval under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race, the Hot Pit Lane will be located in the infield.
- PRE-TECH: All cars will undergo inspection by assigned appointments on Friday, maximum four crew members plus the driver with the car in tech inspection. Please stay back away from the car during inspection to allow officials room to conduct inspection. Inspection order will be based on top 5 in 2021 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series points, then based on order of entries received. This is a convenience for the teams, be on time, or the system doesn’t work, and a penalty may be issued.
- SPOTTERS – Spotters must be utilized at all times your car is on track. The spotter must monitor race control with a scanner or stand-alone radio at 0125. Spotter’s location will be on top of the Irwindale press box tower for the main events.
- MUFFLERS – A muffler must be used and installed in a configuration that will suppress exhaust noise to a maximum DBA set by the race entry. Sound levels will be checked – Irwindale Speedway is under strict LA County mandates.
- ON THE GROUND: Once pre-qualifying tech opens on Saturday, all cars are to be on the ground ready to roll to tech at 12:30pm sharp – hood on, cars on the ground. The penalty will be the slowest of your two qualifying laps if your car is not on the ground at 12:30pm on Saturday. You have been warned – it’s in your hands, the rules and policies of this series are for everyone to follow.
- HALF-TIME – At the lap 100 break, teams will have 7-minutes to change four tires, make adjustments, and fuel the car. Car may only be jacked up one side at a time, and team must have a manned fire extinguisher while fueling the car. Maximum 5 crew members to service the car.
- DUPLICATE CAR NUMBERS – Cars running the same number is allowed, but each car will be required to display a minimum four-inch first letter of the drivers last name low and behind the car number on each side. If the last name is the same first letter, use your first name.
- REQUIRED DECALS – To be eligible for any and all cash awards at the event, all contingency decals are required to be in place in proper locations, the Spears Manufacturing windshield decal must also be in place. Decals will not be available until race weekend.
- IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY TRACK POLICIES:
- You are not allowed to exit the track under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track.
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the pit area. No minors in hot pit area.
- No minimum age limit in the pit area. An adult must accompany minors at all times.
- No BBQ’s or open flame allowed in Pit Area.
- NO GOLF CARTS, SCOOTER, QUADS – No golf carts, quads, bicycles or any type of motorized scooter, etc allowed on the raceway grounds. THE INJURED OR HANDICAPPED MAY BE ALLOWED SINGLE PERSON SCOOTERS – MUST GET APPROVAL FROM RICKY BROOKS.
- PRIVATE TESTING – The track is available for Private Test Days starting January 22nd – contact the track to reserve your time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRIZE MONEY / W9 FORMS – If the SRL does not have a W9 form on file for you, you will not receive any prize money from the event. Please fill out the attached W9 form, so we can be sure to send your prize money.
- NATIONALLY TELEVISED – The race will be livestreamed on SPEARSRacing.TV, live, and will be nationally televised at a later date on MAVTV. Team uniforms are not mandatory, but let’s do our best to represent our team and series in a professional manner.
REMINDER: MUFFLERS – Sound levels will be checked – Irwindale Speedway is under strict LA County mandates. NOTE: Do your work in the shop, and bring inserts.
“Thank you for competing with the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series”