Q&A with QB – SPEARS Southwest Tour Series championship car owner Quentin Bammeradmin
2013 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series championship owner, Quentin Bammer fields the Moeller Bros./HUR Engines #18 car with driver, Jim Pettit II.
1) How did you get your start in racing? Started with working as a crewmember for Top Fuel Altered owned by Rick Guasco and driver Dale Emery.
2) What types of race teams have you fielded as an owner? Super modified at San Jose Speedway, ran the NARC Sprint Car for 10 years with Chuck Gurney, Jimmy Sills, and Tim Green, Outlaw Sprint Car with driver Bobby Davis Jr., Sportsman Late Model with driver Todd Bammer ␣ 2004 Altamont Track Championship, Spec Motor Modified with driver Chris Bammer ␣ 2005 Altamont Track Championship.
3) What has been your most memorable moment in your racing career? Watching both of my sons, Todd and Chris race and having Jim Pettit as a driver.
4) You have had many drivers over the years, which driver was the most entertaining outside the car? Which driver was the most entertaining to watch on the track? By far Jim Pettit has been the most entertaining outside the car. As far as watching the track, my boys and Jim Pettit are all pretty entertaining.
5) What qualities do you most look for in a driver for your team? I look for a driver who is able to communicate with the crew and the crew chief and straight talk about everything committed with racing and the race team.
6) How long have you been competing in the SPEARS Southwest Tour? I have been competing in the SPEARS Southwest Tour for five years.
7) How did the association with you and Jim Pettit come together? The association with Jim and I began with HUR engine setting up the joint venture.
8) What kind of emotions do you have during the races? Total excitement, major rush, total determination to win as many races as possible.
9) What do you enjoy most about competing in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series? The teams that we compete against as well as all of the off track help and support of the SRL.
10) Most memorable moment of the 2013 season? The most memorable moment of the 2013 season is definitely winning the 2013 Championship, it was big high for me and the entire team. Thank you to Jim Pettit and the whole race team for the great year!
11) If you could put any Cup driver in one of your cars, who would you choose and why?
If I could put any Cup driver in one of my cars, I would choose Jeff Gordon….but not over Jim Pettit!
12) What is the best part about being a car owner? What is the worst part about being a car owner? The best part of being a car owner is being able to watch my car win. I think that the worst part about being a car owner is having some type of on track malfunction or failure.