SEGMENT Race Format: Updatedadmin
SEGMENT Race Format: Updated
for March 23rdat Irwindale Speedway
In celebration of Spears Manufacturing 50thAnniversary:
For the event on Saturday, March 23rdat Irwindale Speedway, the race will be run in two 50 lap segments, with the driver who scores the best average finish of the two segments will be declared the overall race winner:
Here are the details of the March 23rd race format:
- The driver with the best combined overall finish from the two segments will be the event winner. (Not, necessarily the winner of the second segment.)
- There will be no money or championship points awarded for each individual 50 lap segment, only for the overall combined score of the two 50 lap segments.
- If there is a tie in best average finishes, the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the best finish in the second segment.
- After the first segment, top five to tech, all cars will be impounded, teams will have 15 minutes to make approved adjustments and repairs to the cars. Same car and same four tires used for both segments.
- After the 15 minutes is up, the cars will remain in impound until the start of the second segment.
- If a car is granted permission to pull out of impound, or to make unapproved changes, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field, and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- If a car does not complete the first segment, it may enter the second, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field, and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- Cars not impounded will be required to be in tech line to be re-inspected by the end of the next scheduled event.
- The first segment will be lined up based on qualifying times, with a redraw for the top 8 starting positions. The second segment will be lined up with a 10-car invert based on the finish of segment one.
We appreciate your support of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series