THE FAN GUIDE TO THE WINTER SHOWDOWNadmin
The 2nd Annual Winter Showdown is this weekend at Kern County Raceway, in Bakersfield, California. The weekend’s main event is the Sunday afternoon, $30,000 to win, “SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250” for Super Late Models/Tour Cars. The weekend begins on Saturday night at the paved half-mile with the “51 FIFTY Energy Drink Opening Night”, featuring the Lucas Oil Modifieds and Race for Autism Qualifying Races.
Make the Most of the Winter Showdown Weekend:
- The “Winter Showdown Kick Off Party” at TEMBLOR Brewing Company at 3200-Buck Owens Boulevard presented by “Visit Bakersfield” on Thursday evening starting at 5pm. Race team rigs and cars will be on display. Great food and drink, driver interviews, autographs and raffle prizes. Free to everyone and all ages welcome.
- More than 80 teams will move into Kern County Raceway for Winter Showdown tech inspection with Lucas Oil Modified practice starting at 2pm.
- The Dirt Track at Kern County Raceway Park, located just outside of the paved half-mile oval, will host the final race of the 2016 Winter Series on Friday night. Dirt Modifieds, B-Mods, Hobby Stocks, American Stocks, and Mod Lites will be in action on the new 1/3 mile clay oval. Gates at 4:30, Racing at 7:30. Tickets are $10. Kids five and under are FREE.
- The competition on the paved half-mile begins with the “51 FIFTY Energy Drink Opening Night”, featuring single car qualifying, the 80 lap – Lucas Oil Modifieds feature event, plus the “Race for Autism – Qualifying Races” and the “Fast 12 Heat” – featuring the fastest 12 drivers from qualifying, competing for the top 12 starting positions for Sunday’s SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250.
- Spectator Gates 2:30pm, Lucas Oil Modified Qualifying 3:30pm, Showdown Qualifying 5pm, Opening Ceremonies at 6pm.
- General Admission $15, Kids 10 & under Free. Reserved Seating $25.
- The main event of the weekend will be the Sunday afternoon, $30,000 to win, “SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250” for Super Late Models 1:30pm. The racing will start off Sunday with in the “Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse Last Chance Race” at 12:30pm, where teams will be racing for the final three starting positions in the SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250.
- Spectator Gates 10am, Showdown Last Chance Race 12:30pm, the SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250 Opening Ceremonies 1:30pm.
OTHER FAN INFO
- Detailed Winter Showdown schedule: go to SRLSouthwestTour.com
- RACE TICKETS will be available at the Front Gate each day, or online at http://kernraceway.com/singleracetickets.htm
- Dinner Suggestions: Buck Owen’s Crystal Palace, Benji’s Basque Restaurant, Double Tree Hotel, Black Angus, TEMBLOR, Chuy’s, Road House Grill, Padre Hotel.
- Breakfast: Double Tree Hotel, J&M’s, 24th Street Café, Spencer’s
- Shopping: Tejon Outlets or Northwest Promenade
- For Kids: ‘Rush’ – Indoor Trampoline Park, located next to TEMBLOR.
- General RV parking still available at Kern County Raceway for $50 for the entire weekend, or track side RV spots for $500. Visit http://www.kernraceway.com/#!rv-parking-forms/igg9h for RV information.
- For more go to: VisitBakersfield.com
The 2nd Annual Winter Showdown is presented by:
SPEARS Manufacturing – 51 FIFTY Energy Drink – VisitBakersfield.com
S.A. Camp Pump & Drilling – Clifford & Bradford Insurance – CoorsTek
KUZZ AM55 / FM107.9 – Hamner Racing Engines – Speed51.com
Progressive Racing Engines – Hoosier Racing Tire – Motor City GMC
Lucas Oil – Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Colton & San Dimas
Five Star Race Car Bodies – SUNOCO Race Fuels