UPDATES and REMINDERS: August 27, 2020admin
ROSEVILLE NEXT – September 26th is Round #2 of the “JM Environmental Wild West Shootout”. $5,000 to Win, $1,000 for leading Lap 27, $500 for Fast Time, Cowboy Hats for the starting field and a commemorative Wild West Shootout Trophy to the winner.
FORMAT – 127 laps, four tires, yellows do not count, break at or near lap 77, break will take place on back straight-away (not in pit area), no tires brought out on break, car may be jacked up one side at a time with jack stands, adjustments may be made, fire extinguisher must be at car if fuel is being added, driver may get out of car, break is six minutes. Yellow flag will be thrown after 40 consecutive green flag laps prior to 25 to go, qualifying order will be full invert from final practice.
REVISED YELLOW – We will not count caution laps. 1. When the yellow flag is displayed stop racing, slow and maintain your single file position with caution. 2. Yellow laps do not count. You will not lose a lap as long as you cross the start finish before the race is restarted. We do not revert back a lap. 3. If you are involved, spin, slowed or your progress is disrupted by the incident, you will be positioned where you rejoin or blend back into the field. NOTE: The incident must play itself out before the order is set. If you choose to pit you must first wait until the Pace Car has control of the field, and you have followed the Pace Car across the S/F line at least once – otherwise you will be relegated to the tail of the longest line for pitting early. If you pit and don’t rejoin the field in your proper position before the one to go sign, you will restart at the tail of the field.
STARTS/RESTARTS – As per the current Race Procedures: Front row should gradually increase speed at cones (in turn 3) and be at speed (out of turn 4) coming to the start line, the next time you slow should be on entry to turn one. Front row must stay side by side and at no time should second place be ahead of the leader before the green waves. We plan to move the cone to an earlier point in Turn 3 at Roseville, the key is to gradually pick up the throttle, so no one has to slow down at any time before entering Turn 1.
2020 SCHEDULE – The balance of the 2020 SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Series is as follows: September 26th at All-American Speedway, October 24th the “Final Round of the JM Environmental Wild West Shootout” at Kern County Raceway (Standard weekend – Friday practice/Saturday race day), November 21st at The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the ‘2020 Championship Finale’ December 19th at Irwindale Speedway.
ON TIME FOR FRIDAY TECH – Teams need to be on time for their assigned tech times on Friday. This procedure is in place as a convenience for the teams, but only works if teams arrive on time.
DRIVER CHANGE – UPDATE: Series director must approve all driver changes made on race day. If a driver change is made any time after qualifying, the car must relinquish its position and be relegated to the rear of the field. Driver points and prize money will be awarded only to the driver who starts the main event.
ALL-STAR SHOWDOWN 2021 – The All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway will take place the weekend of February 6th, 2021.
APPROVED FLAT TIRE CHANGES:
- Unapproved tire change is a two (2) lap penalty – For a tire to be changed during a race without penalty, the tire must first be inspected by an SRL Official and must be deemed as flat (10 lbs. or less Left Side / 18 lbs. or less Right Side), or has severe wheel damage.
Steps for an Approved Tire Change:
- The team should notify the SRL Officials of a tire issue prior to entering Pit Lane and must stop at the inspection station on Pit Lane, or as directed.
- SRL OFFICIAL PRIOR APPROVAL: No crewmember is allowed to touch or inspect a tire before the SRL Official. If a tire is low on pressure, or has severe wheel damage, it must be first inspected by an SRL Official to be changed without PENALTY. Once inspected, if the tire is low on pressure and considered flat or suffers from excessive wheel damage the tire may be changed by the team with no penalty. Again, stay clear of the tire until an SRL Official inspects it.
- PENALTY: If a crewmember inspects or touches the tire or wheel before the SRL Official inspects it, or observes directly, it will not be an approved tire change, or if the tire has sufficient air pressure when inspected by the SRL Officials the tire is not approved to change and the team will suffer a (2) two-lap penalty for each unapproved tire change. Tires changed prior to inspection by an SRL Official will be cause for a (2) two-lap penalty per tire.
- Once under PENALTY for an unapproved tire change, you will not be eligible for the “Free Pass” / “Lucky Dog” for the remainder of the race.
- Excessive tire wear, blistering or other factors will not affect the determination of an approved tire change.
- Any tire that is changed must be immediately presented to an SRL official, in which it will be impounded until after post-race tech inspection.
Left Side Weight: Maximum Left Side Weight % must be correct at all times, both pre-race and post-race inspection (without refueling).
Transponders: Transponders must be on the car anytime the car is on track throughout the weekend.
Spotter’s Radio: Each spotter must have a scanner, or a separate radio that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0125. No longer may you use a radio that scans Race Control secondary, as it interferes with communication to the spotter, which then leads to directions not being heard.
NO SMART WATCHES or CELLPHONES – Cellphones, smart watches or bluetooth devices will not allowed in racecar at any time during qualifying or race, this is an automatic disqualification.
FINAL REMINDER – Sound, do the needed work in the shop prior to Roseville.
Thank you for being part of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series
– Where the Champions Race!