Updates: SPEARS Pro Late Model Seriesadmin
Updates and Information: SPEARS Pro Late Model Series
For the February 5th – Irwindale Speedway “All-Star Showdown”
- TIRE POLICY – Hoosier 970 – Each SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series teams will be limited to a maximum two sets of (new) sticker tires for the weekend (Thursday – Saturday).
Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612. Your wheels must be marked with your car number and a L or R decal.
The All-Star Showdown for Pro Late Models is 100 laps and a (4) tire race – with a half-way break for fuel and adjustments, 5 crew members can service the car at the break.
- FUEL – SUNOCO 110 and SUNOCO E85 are the spec fuels for the SPEARS Pro Late Model Series. Reserve your fuel for race weekend at email@example.com or 626-358-1100. It is each team’s responsibility to have your own fuel supply for the event. Fuel tests will take place during the race weekend – it is your responsibility to ensure your fuel is pure to series standards. Contact the track if you plan to buy fuel during the race weekend so they can insure proper inventory.
- PARKING – If your team has any special parking requests, please let Ricky Brooks know as soon as possible, firstname.lastname@example.org, but no later than Tuesday the 26th. If you need to unhook from your trailer during the race weekend, please let us know. Every team will have a pre-assigned parking spot for the weekend.
- PRE-TECH: All cars will undergo inspection by assigned appointments on Friday, maximum four crew members plus the driver with the car in tech inspection. Please stay back away from the car during inspection to allow officials room to conduct inspection. Inspection order will be based on top 5 in 2021 SPEARS Pro Late Model points, then based on order of entries received. This is a convenience for the teams, be on time, or the system doesn’t work, and a penalty may be issued.
- SPOTTERS – Spotters must be utilized at all times your car is on track. The spotter must monitor race control with a scanner or stand-alone radio at 0125. Spotter’s location will be on top of the Irwindale press box tower for the main events.
- MUFFLERS – A muffler must be used and installed in a configuration that will suppress exhaust noise to a maximum DBA set by the race entry. Sound levels will be checked – Irwindale Speedway is under strict LA County mandates.
- HALF-TIME – Team must have a manned fire extinguisher while fueling the car. Maximum 5 crew members to service the car. Car may be jacked up only one side at a time. Tires may not be removed without an SRL Official approval and presence.
- DUPLICATE CAR NUMBERS – Cars running the same number is allowed, but each car will be required to display a minimum four-inch first letter of the drivers last name low and behind the car number on each side.
- REQUIRED DECALS – To be eligible for any and all cash awards at the event, all contingency decals are required to be in place in proper locations, the Spears Manufacturing/ Sigma Performance Services windshield decal must also be in place. Decals will not be available until race weekend.
- IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY TRACK POLICIES:
- You are not allowed to exit the track under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3-mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race.
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the pit area.
- No minimum age limit in the pit area. An adult must accompany minors at all times. No minors in hot pit area.
- No BBQ’s or open flame allowed in Pit Area.
- NO GOLF CARTS, SCOOTER, QUADS – No golf carts, quads, bicycles or any type of motorized scooter, etc. allowed on the raceway grounds. THE INJURED OR HANDICAPPED MAY BE ALLOWED SINGLE PERSON SCOOTERS – MUST GET APPROVAL FROM RICKY BROOKS.
- PRIVATE TESTING – The track is available for Private Test Days starting January 24th – contact the track to reserve your time at email@example.com or 626-358-1100.
- NATIONALLY TELEVISED – The race will be livestreamed on SPEARSRacing.TV, live, and will be nationally televised at a later date on MAVTV. Team uniforms are not mandatory, but let’s do our best to represent our team and series in a professional manner.
“Thank you for competing with the SPEARS SRL Pro Late Model Series”