2017 SPEARS SOUTHWEST TOUR TESTING POLICYadmin
BULLETIN: 2017 SPEARS SOUTHWEST TOUR TESTING POLICY
- TWO TESTS PER YEAR: SRL teams and drivers will be limited to only two non-SRL sanctioned test days during the 2017 SRL season.
- NOTIFICATION: All SRL teams must notify the SRL office prior to any and all planned tests – no matter the event or track, and specify the car and driver participating in the test. Not doing so is a violation of the testing policy.
- PENALTY: Violators of the testing policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including not being allowed to attend the next SRL sanctioned Friday Practice Day, and other possible penalties.
- ROOKIES: Registered SRL rookie drivers may be granted up to two additional test days per season, which must be approved by the SRL office.
- OFF SEASON: SRL teams or drivers will be allowed to test anytime after the close of the 2016 season and prior to the opening race of the 2017 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series season – March 24 at Irwindale Speedway.
- FRIDAY TESTING: These policies do not apply to SRL scheduled Friday Practice Days associated with SRL sanctioned events. Friday SRL Practice will continue to be part of each SPEARS Southwest Tour Series event in 2017, all teams welcome to attend every Friday SRL Practice.
- NON SRL RACES: Teams or drivers participating in a non-SRL race event (attempting to qualify for that event) are exempt from the SRL testing policy in preparation for said event. SRL teams must still notify the SRL office prior to any and all planned tests.
FINAL NOTE: If a team does test on the day prior to a scheduled SRL sanctioned Friday Practice Day, the team’s rig and equipment must be removed from the track’s pit area Thursday evening.