BULLETIN: May 13, 2015admin
Straight Frame Rail cars that meet the ‘United Super Late Model Rules Alliance’ (U.S.R.A. – see Southern Super Series rules) will be eligible to compete in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, but will have to follow the below guidelines and rules from the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series:
- Weight: 2930 lbs. total / 56.0% maximum left side / 50 lbs. must be mounted on outside of right side frame rail between the two main roll cage uprights.
- Tread width: 65 inches
- Tires/Fuel/Sounds limits: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Engines/Carburetors: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Shocks/Springs/Bump Stops: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Truck arm suspension is not approved.
- All chassis must be supplied from an approved manufacturer.
This is the first step in the introduction of Straight Frame Rail cars into the SRL. The situation will be accessed as we move forward. NOTE: The “Winter Showdown” rules and the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series rules will remain independent of one another for now.
NOTE: The ‘United Super Late Model Rules Alliance’ (U.S.R.A) is a common rule book used to govern Super Late Models at numerous tracks and series, including the ARCA/CRA Super Series, Southern Super Series, CARS Tour and the Snowball Derby.