BULLETIN: October 20, 2015 – New specifications for Straight Frame Rail carsadmin
BULLETIN: October 20, 2015
New specifications for Straight Frame Rail cars are in blue – effective today.
Straight Frame Rail cars that meet the ‘United Super Late Model Rules Alliance’ (U.S.R.A. – see Southern Super Series rules) will be eligible to compete in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, but will have to follow the below guidelines and rules of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series:
- Weight: total / 57.0% maximum left side / 50 lbs. must be mounted on outside of right side frame rail between the two main roll cage uprights.
- Tread width: 65 inches
- Tires/Fuel/Sounds limits: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Engines/Carburetors: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Shocks/Springs/Bump Stops: Same as SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rule Book
- Trailing Arms: Springs, shock absorbers, or any dampening devices will not be allowed on the lower trailing arms. Trailing arm mount must be rigid and not rotate or move (heim allowed).
- Truck arm suspension is not approved.
- All chassis must be supplied from an approved manufacturer.
NOTE: The ‘United Super Late Model Rules Alliance’ (U.S.R.A) is a common rule book used to govern Super Late Models at numerous tracks and series, including the ARCA/CRA Super Series, Southern Super Series, CARS Tour and the Snowball Derby.