Kern County Raceway Race Formatadmin
For the Kern County Raceway event on May 21st, we have agreed to run our race in two segments to provide the best show possible with the other divisions Kern County Raceway has scheduled with us.
Here are the details of the May 21st race format:
- Points for each of the two segments will be awarded as follows; First place (1 point), second place (2 points), third place (3 points), and so on.
- Drivers will be awarded points based on how they finish in each 75-lap races.
- The driver with the lowest combined overall score from the two races will be the event winner.
- There will be no money or championship points awarded for each individual segment, only for the overall. There will be trophies and winner’s circle presentations after each segment.
- If there is a tie in overall points, the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the best finish in the second segment.
- After the first segment, the cars will be impounded, teams will have 15 minutes to add fuel, and make approved adjustments and repairs to the cars. Same car and same four tires used for both segments.
- After the 15 minutes is up, the cars will remain in impound until the start of the second segment.
- If a car pulls out of impound, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field, and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- If a car does not complete the first segment, it may enter the second, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field, and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- Cars not impounded will be required to be in tech line to be re-inspected by the end of the Legends main event.
- There will be an invert following the first segment to set the starting line up for the second.