PROCEDURES FOR KERN – After the first 75 lap segment is complete:admin
PROCEDURES FOR KERN
After the first 75 lap segment is complete:
- After the checkered, the entire field will follow the pace truck for a couple of laps.
- After the cool down laps, the winner goes to Victory Lane.
- All other cars follow the pace truck on to hot pit lane, cars will park single file (4 to 5 feet apart) in the order that they come off the track. No service/work or blowers on the cars until given the directive to do so, which will be after the winner comes to pit lane. NOTE: One crew member can check air and stagger (no jacks) as soon as car stops on pit lane – must move away when finished with readings.
- After the winner is finished with Victory Lane presentations and returns to pit lane, the Teams will then have 15 minutes to make chassis adjustments, clean windshield, adjust tape, repair minor body damage, fluids and tire / air adjustments. Any other service will require an official’s approval.
- Shocks, springs or bumps sticks may not be removed, changed or unbolted – unless car is pulled from impound, and restarts at the rear.
- Once all service is complete, and the car is on the ground, you will have an additional five minutes, if needed, to fuel the car. Only fuel the car while on the ground.
- Each team must have a fire extinguisher at their car before they can add fuel.
- Maximum five crew members to service the car.
- The hood may be removed.
- Parts cannot be changed without approval and may result in restarting at the rear of the field.
- Tires must remain on the car at all times, unless an Official has approved that a tire may be removed and must be present while the tire is off.
- Must use jack stands if any work is being done while the car is jacked up.
- After the cars are serviced and fueled, the cars are considered impounded.
- If a car is not on the ground, or still being worked on after 15 minutes, it will restart at the tail and may be required to come back through tech inspection. You will have an additional five minutes, if needed, to fuel the car.
After the second 75-lap segment is complete.
- The top five finishers from the second 75 laps go to the front straight away.
- The top three cars from the first 75 laps go directly to tech, if they are not part of the top five of the second 75 laps.
Pit carts / pit boxes will be set up in order of qualifying results along hot pit lane in front of Bandos and Legends tow rigs. Fast qualifier in box #1. Upon approval, teammates can set up next to one another based on the team’s fastest qualifier. Set up anytime after the autograph session begins.