THE CENTURY MOTORSPORTS & MARINE 122 – September 12, 2015admin
The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series has teamed up with the Rocky Mountain Challenge Series, Rocky Mountain Raceways and Century Motorsports & Marine to put on one race with both series competing together for $10,000.00 to win.
The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series cars will compete under SRL rules, and the Rocky Mountain Challenge Series cars will compete under their own RMCS rulebook.
To make this event work for everyone involved, there may be some procedures and policies that are unique to this race, and are not standard to the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series.
- RULES: The 2015 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Rulebook is in force for SRL teams.
- LEFT SIDE WEIGHT: SPEARS Southwest Tour Series cars will be allowed to carry an extra 1% left side weight for this event. Perimeter Chassis cars at a maximum 58%, and straight frame rail cars at a maximum 57%.
- POINTS: Championship points will be awarded to each series based on how they finish in relation to cars in their series. i.e., If one of our teams finishes 5th, but only two SRL cars were ahead of that driver, then that driver would be awarded 3rd place points.
- TIRES: All teams will use the Hoosier 3025/3045 combination for the event, as usual for the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series.
- TIRE LIMIT ON RACE DAY: On Saturday, race day, each team will be limited to (2) sets of sticker tires for practice and race. There is no tire restriction on Friday, practice day.
- RACE: You must qualify and race on the same set of tires. Qualify on stickers. A tire can only be changed in the race if flat (as usual). 122 laps, no break, yellows will not count.
- TIMES: Practice Day – Friday, September 11th: Gates – 2pm, Practice 5 – 8pm and Race Day – Saturday, September 12th: Gates – 11am, Practice 1-2pm, Qualifying TBA.
- REMINDER: The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series does not allow private testing at Rocky Mountain Raceways.
- ENTRY FORM: Entry will be out tomorrow.
If you have questions, please let us know.