UPDATES and HELPFUL INFORMATION: PPIRadmin
UPDATES and HELPFUL INFORMATION: PPIR
The following is important information for all race teams competing in the Spears Manufacturing ‘Colorado 100’ at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Please take the opportunity to read it thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions.
Everyone involved in this event carries the responsibility to conduct themselves in a professional manner, follow all policies in place and work together to make the event a success for everyone involved. We are the guests of PPIR, but the responsibility of managing and directing this event is upon the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, so all of us working towards the common goal of a well presented event is of the utmost importance. We will be sharing the weekend with NASA (National Auto Sport Association), who we need to cooperate with to insure a smooth enjoyable weekend for everyone.
Friday Practice Fee per car $100
Friday Pit Pass: SRL Members $25 / Non-Members $35
Saturday Pit Pass: SRL Members $30 / Non-Members $40
Sunday Pit Pass: SRL Members $35 / Non-Members $45
Three-Day Pit Pass: SRL Members $75 / Non-Members $90
GARAGE STALLS: Garage Stalls will be assigned based on points, then on the order that entries are received. NOTE: Engines cannot be fired while inside garages.
ENGINE TECH: All cars without an SRL engine and carburetor seal in place will be required to have an engine and carburetor inspection before competing. You may have your engine inspected Friday or Saturday before practice, first come first served. Engine needs to be cold.
SOUND LIMITS: There is NO sound limit for the Pikes Peak International Raceway event. Mufflers not mandatory for PPIR event.
SAFETY STANDARDS: Be sure all of your Safety Equipment (helmet, suit, belts, HANS, gloves, etc.) is up to date, and up to standards. (See Rule Book)
TECH NOTES and OTHER:
- The scales and tech area is always open for you to come through to self inspect your car. Please pre-check your track width and weights before Qualifying Tech.
- Qualifying/Race tires (stickers) will be released after the Sunday morning warm-up. Everyone qualifies on stickers.
- There will be mandatory tech inspection on Friday and Saturday (see posted times).
- Teams must draw for ‘qualifying order’ on Saturday, this will also be the order to cross the scales on Sunday morning for Qualifying Tech.
- On race day, Qualifying Inspection opens at 9:30am, it is your team’s responsibility to have your car on the ground ready to roll to tech at 9:30am sharp – no matter what position you are scheduled to come through the tech line. 9:30am ready to roll.
- Any team that has to make more than two attempts to pass through pre-qualifying tech inspection will receive the slowest of two qualifying laps. You are required to take two green flag laps if you are under penalty, or you will receive no time.
- If more than three attempts to pass through pre-qualifying tech – no qualifying attempt will be allowed.
- If you miss your qualifying position by 3 spots, the slowest of the two laps will be your time.
- Qualifying – Green first time by, two timed laps, then cars will be impounded until race time.
LICENSE and ENTRY: Please get your SPEARS Southwest Tour Series License Applications and Entries in before race weekend.
License Application and Entry Form attached.
SCANNING REQUIRED: It is mandatory that each spotter has a radio (or scanner) that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0625. It keeps your team better informed and speeds up the event.
SPOTTER’S LOCATION: For the race, the Spotter’s Location will be on top of the main grandstand tower. Each team must have one spotter in that location before the start of the race. Also, on Saturday’s final practice session, all teams are required to have their spotter in that location for that final practice. Throughout the weekend spotters are mandatory anytime your car is on track – spotters are welcome on top of the infield ‘Media Center’ or on top of the Main Grandstand Tower during practice sessions – except the final Saturday practice and Sunday race will require all spotters on top of the grandstand tower.
TRANSPONDERS: Scoring transponders are to be on car at all times when on track. Transponder must be mounted 24 inches (center of axle tube to the center of transponder) behind the rear axle housing on outside of right side frame rail. Transponders are mandatory for practice sessions. You may use your own transponder, or rent a transponder ($35/weekend) from the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series trailer.
GRANDSTAND SEATING: Adult General Admission Grandstand seating is $35 on Race Day. Kids 12 and under Free. Advance discounted $20 tickets can be purchased at any Drive-In Autosound location in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Denver. Grandstand open to public on Friday and Saturday – no charge.
PIT AREA POLICIES:
- No one under the age of 16 allowed on Hot Pit Lane.
- Long Pants required on Hot Pit Lane.
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the infield pit area.
- No minimum age limit in the infield pit area.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
PIT AREA PARKING: Each team will be presented with one infield Parking Pass for the weekend. (In addition to the tow rig)
RV PARKING: RV overnight parking is available in the PPIR infield for $50/day or $100/weekend – electrical hook ups, no water or sewer. Contact Paul Jensen at PPIR at 719-382-7223.
TIRES: Tires: Hoosier F45 (L) and 56* (R) available through Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612. You may pre-order for event.
FUEL: It is each team’s responsibility to have their own supply of the SRL SPEC FUEL “SUNOCO Standard 110”. If you would like to pre-order fuel to have at the track upon your arrival, contact Norm Fisher at 303-350-3758 (or at firstname.lastname@example.org) of Hill Petroleum the local representative for SUNOCO Race Fuel.
SRL CONTINGENCY DECAL PACKS: All SRL Contingency Decals must be displayed in the proper location to be awarded any and all prize money for the event.
RACE FORMAT: The race distance is 100 laps – with a planned break for fuel at lap 50. We will assess tire wear during Friday and Saturday practice to determine if tires are needed at the 50-lap break.
TEAM UNIFORMS: The collective appearance of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series teams is an important element to the success of this event and its future (please try to stay away from white t-shirts and blue jeans). Team uniforms (as simple as colored t-shirts and black jeans) are not mandatory, but highly encouraged for everyone associated with your race team. Long pants are mandatory for all members of your race team.
TESTING REMINDER: There will be no private testing allowed at Pikes Peak International Raceway.
– THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING PART OF THE SPEARS SOUTHWEST TOUR SERIES EVENT at PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY –