UPDATES and HELPFUL REMINDERS:
Kern County Raceway – “Bulwark FR/Timberland Pro 101 presented by 51FIFTY Energy Drink”
NEW TIRE FOR KERN: The Hoosier 3035 will be utilized on the left side, and the Hoosier 3045 will be utilized on the right side for the Kern event. Call Hoosier Tire West to pre-order your tires prior to each race at 559-485-4612. The 3035 is a new left side tire for the series, the 3045 is same right side we’ve used at all tracks except Kern.
OWNER’S MEETING: There will be an Owner’s Meeting at Kern County Raceway on Friday (10/27) at 8:30pm – in the tech building. Drivers, Crew Chiefs, & Owners welcome.
Friday – Pit Gates 2:00pm, Crew Chief Meeting 2:45pm, Tech Opens at 3:00pm, Three practice sessions, at 5:00pm, 6:15pm & 7:30pm.
Saturday – Pit Gates 10:30am, Chapel 11:40am, Driver/Crew Chief Meeting 12:00pm, One (1) hour practice session starting at 1:00pm. Qualifying Tech Opens at 3:30pm, Qualifying 5pm, Trick or Trick Autograph Session at 6:00pm.
Friday: $200 per car (no pit pass fee) Everyone must sign in at registration.
Saturday: $35 per SRL member pit pass / $45 non-member.
Note: Saturday pit passes may be purchased on Friday at Registration.
FRIDAY INSPECTION: All cars will be required to roll through the scales by 7:30pm on Friday. Tech will be open from 3:00pm – 7:30pm.
ENGINE TECH: All cars without an approved engine and carburetor seal in place will be required to have an engine and/or carburetor inspection before competing. Engine needs to be cold.
QUALIFYING TIRES: Qualifying/Race Tires will be released following the Saturday SPEARS Southwest Tour Series practice session.
PRE-QUALIFYING TECH: The Series policy is that at the time Pre-Qualifying Tech officially opens (3:30pm) all cars are required to be on the ground and ready to roll to tech. Please wait until you are directed to proceed in order to Pre-Qualifying Tech Line. You will have two opportunities to pass tech, before you are under penalty of slowest of two laps in qualifying. Generators will only be allowed before qualifying.
IMPOUND: All cars will be impounded after qualifying; may check pressures, stagger (no jacks) and remove tape – top cars will be teched. Cars will then be moved to the 6:00pm Trick or Treat autograph session, then return to impound after the autograph session. No generators will be allowed after qualifying.
HALFWAY BREAK: At or around lap 51 there will be a break, teams will have “15 minutes“ to add fuel and make adjustments. The Fireworks Show will take place during the break.
- Once the yellow is out for the break, the leader stays behind the Pace Car until the Pace Car leads the field onto pit lane.
- The cars will not go to their pit; they will be parked single file on pit lane in the order the cars come off the track onto pit lane.
- No one touches a car until given the signal by race officials.
- Once the signal is given, teams have 15 minutes to work on their cars.
- You may jack the car, and remove the hood – must use jack stands. Each team must have a manned, minimum 5-pound (preferably 10 pound) fire extinguisher at their car while adding fuel.
- Once the 15 minutes are up, the cars remain in place, on the ground, and the cars are now considered in impound – driver in, ready to go.
- If you work on your car beyond the 15 minutes, then you will restart at the rear of the field.
- Tires must stay on the cars at all times, unless an official is present and permission is granted to remove the tire.
FUEL: “SUNOCO 110 Standard” is available at the track. $515 per drum includes tax. A $25 drum deposit or an empty drum is also required. May also be dispensed into your own jug. Fuels sales will be closed at 7pm each night.
SOUND LIMITS: The DB rule of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series is maximum 95dba at 100 feet at all tracks, unless the track requirements are under 95dba.
TRANSPONDERS: It is required that each car has a transponder in place while on track throughout the weekend. Located 24 inches behind the axel c to c.
SCANNING REQUIRED: It is mandatory that each spotter has a radio (or scanner) that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0125
K C R P PIT POLICIES:
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the infield pit area. No minimum age limit.
- The maximum speed limit is 5 MPH at all times in the pit area.
- No private vehicles in pit area.
- No riding on skateboards, roller skates/blades, golf carts, motorized scooters, bicycles or quads.
- No open flame or barbecues
- For additional info go to kernraceway.com
TRICK or TREAT AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Please bring a supply of candy to hand out to the kids during the autograph session.
PARKING: The Top 12 teams in championship standings will park in the first parking spots. This does not mean that the Top 12 enter the pits first – the order to enter the pits is first in line, first to enter.