UPDATES and REMINDERS: March 12, 2013admin
The following information is to help you get through ‘opening weekend’ as smoothly as possible. The SRL staff is there to help you have a good enjoyable race weekend; they are there to help, and will be doing their best to get everyone though tech inspection in a timely and painless manner.
PARKING: The Top 12 cars from the 2012 championship standings will park in the first 12 parking spots at the season opener. This does mean that the 2012 Top 12 enter the pits first – the order to enter the pits is first in line, first to enter.
- Once unloaded, please get your car as high as you can on jack stands in your pit, tires off, helmet & HANS in car.
- SRL Officials will come to your pit to conduct a ‘safety and under car inspection’, and an engine inspection if needed, beginning at 12:30pm.
- If your engine needs to be inspected and sealed; park your car with the nose pointed outward behind your trailer. (Note: if you would prefer your engine to be inspected first thing Saturday morning, please let us know.)
- Once the “In Pit“ inspections are completed for all teams, the SRL Officials will open the “Tech Line” at the scales for all cars to come through for inspection prior to the first practice session.
- All SPEARS Southwest Tour Series cars will be required a ‘safety and under car inspection’ and pass through tech line inspection prior to practicing on Friday.
ROOKIE MEETING: There will be a Rookie driver’s meeting at 2pm on Friday.
TRANSPONDERS: Transponders are required on the car anytime it is on track Friday and Saturday. Transponders are available at the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Trailer.
SATURDAY TECH: Carburetor inspections will take place on Saturday only. The tech line will be open all day on Saturday, if you want to check your car.
QUALIFYING TIRES: Your Qualifying/Race Tires will be released to you following the final Saturday SPEARS Southwest Tour Series practice session at 2:15pm.
PRE-QUALIFYING TECH: The Series policy is that at the time Pre-Qualifying Tech officially opens (which is 3:40pm on Saturday) all cars are required to be on the ground and ready to roll to tech – no more working on your car after 3:40pm unless you have an approved mechanical. Please wait until you are directed to proceed in order to Pre-Qualifying Tech Line. You will have two opportunities to pass, before you are under penalty of slowest of two laps in qualifying.
IMPOUND: All cars will be impounded after qualifying, you may check pressures, stagger (no jacks) and remove tape – please remove radios, water bottles, etc, or any item you may need from the car before leaving the impound area. Cars remain in impound until main event.
SCANNING REQUIRED: It is mandatory that each spotter has a radio (or scanner) that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0625. It keeps your team better informed and speeds up the event. Kay from Performance Radios will be at the track on Saturday.
LICENSE: On Friday, if you still need to purchase your 2013 License, you can do so at the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Trailer. Later in the day the track will open registration for Saturday pit passes.
FUEL: It is each team’s responsibility to have your own supply of “SUNOCO 110 Standard” at each race. The tracks may have a limited supply or none at all – call the track ahead of time to be safe.
NAME ON ROCKER PANEL: The driver’s last name is to be displayed on both sides along or just above the rocker panel below the car number in minimum 5” readable letters – per the SRL Rule Book.
If you have any questions, never hesitate to reach out to us.
– BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND – HAVE A GREAT SEASON OPENER – THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE SPEARS SOUTHWEST TOUR SERIES –